The first Cassano’s
Pizza King opened June 4, 1953. The first day they sold
a whopping 400 pizzas between 4 p.m. and midnight. The business
continued to grow and within two months, Vic opened
another Pizza King at the other end of Dayton. A busy five
years later, there were 12 Cassano Pizza King restaurants.
Corporate headquarters moved to a new facility on Stroop
Road in Kettering in 1968. Serving the entire company, this
complex includes a warehouse, test kitchen, pizza dough
production facility and large freezing units as well as
the corporate office.